SSH v3 specs?

sshdev at rednu.com sshdev at rednu.com
Mon Jan 6 09:41:02 EST 2003

Has any thought toward a v3 protocol spec been discussed
elsewhere, and if so what enhancements are being looked
at.  Is it too early to consider such things, or should we
open the door to the new features a protocol update would
bring?

More specifically I have been investigating working toward
a more enterprise-friendly hierichical authentication
scheme, but I have quickly realized the magnitude of such
a change.  I have worked with LDAP/PAM, but there are
parts of ssh that are not very interoperable with LDAP,
such as pub/priv keypairs.  These can be stored in a
directory, but it is quite a kludge to do so at this
point.

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan