GeoIP support - DenyCountry

David Walker openssh-list at grax.com
Sun Jan 19 09:10:24 EST 2003

First time subscriber/poster

My attached patch allows GeoIP support for the free GeoIP database and C api
from http://www.maxmind.com/
Install GeoIP before compiling and it should work.

It adds 2 options to sshd_config
DenyCountry
	Deny access from a specific country based on GeoIP lookup.  Use multiple
DenyCountry entries to deny access from multiple countries.  DenyCountry
takes precedence over AllowCountry

AllowCountry
	Allow access from a specific country based on GeoIP lookup.  Use multiple
AllowCountry entries to allow access from multiple countries.

I hardcoded the configure script part of it.  ideally it should either detect
when GeoIP is installed or accept a --with-geoip parameter or both but I am
not too familiar with configure testing.