signal forwarding support

Atsuhiko Yamanaka ymnk at jcraft.com
Sun Jan 19 17:12:39 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a question about signal forwarding support in sshd of OpenSSH.

http://www.openssh.org/txt/draft-ietf-secsh-connect-15.txt says that
  |4.9 Signals
  |
  |   A signal can be delivered to the remote process/service using the
  |   following message.  Some systems may not implement signals, in which
  |   case they SHOULD ignore this message.
  |
  |     byte      SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_REQUEST
  |     uint32    recipient channel
  |     string    "signal"
  |     boolean   FALSE
  |     string    signal name without the "SIG" prefix.

and it seems to me that sshd of OpenSSH has ignored this request.
Is my recognition correct? If so, is there a plat to implement it?

I'm implementing SSH2 client in pure Java and I wonder how we can kill
a remote process in smart way and I added signal request support to my stuff
experimentally.  I will never request to implement it and I just want to know
the current status and future plan.  If there is no plan, I will drop that
request support.

Thanks,
--
ymnk