GeoIP support - DenyCountry

Nick Lange nicklange at wi.rr.com
Wed Jan 22 03:02:55 EST 2003

Quick response,
	While I hope this patch does not get accepted into openssh, I do think it's a
nice idea in concept; however, a priori, relying on a commercial vendor in free
software is a bad idea. Not to mention that this code belongs in a netfilter
module if you want to deploy this system wide. Furthermore, realize that by this
point in the code the connection has already occurred, which I think is the
opposite of what you want.

  BUT, you're code seems to affect a small enough section of the code that it
should be maintainable between versions w/o too much work [if any?]. So why not
set up a webpage with your patch on it that people can hit?

And lastly, why not parse the countries in a delimited list? that way only one
line is necessary in the configuration?

Cheers,
nick