ssh channel window and adjustment

Avraham Fraenkel - Commatch avraham.fraenkel at commatch.com
Wed Jan 22 23:41:37 EST 2003

1) I think you should mail to: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
2) I think that you have some miss-understood:
    the client and server count the window independtly.
    It mean:
     concerning data sent from client to the server:
      the SERVER set it initial window size and whenever he ready to get
more data he sent adjust.
      such data can be a user command which generate a lot of output in the
other directotion.
     concerning data sent from server to the client
      the CLIENT set his initial window size and after he have place to
process more data he send adjust to the server,
      so the server can proceed to send the output to the client.
      The openssh sends adjust to the server if the client succeed to
process half the max window size. it is not depend about how much data he
sent to the server. it depend how much data he send to the stdout of the
client!!!
--
 Avraham (mailto:avhf at alum.cs.huji.ac.il)