patched tarballs

James Dennis jdennis at law.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 24 06:35:14 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, I maintain a patch that puts a '.' chroot hack
into OpenSSH. Unfortunately users seem to have had trouble applying the
patch. This is because I use gnu's patch and diff and many systems come
with a patch and diff that doesn't seem to understand -u or -N.

Anyway... the point of this email is to ask if anyone had any objections
to me posting a patched source tarball on the same site I distribute the
patch on. I know it's ok as far as the license goes thanks to lines
196-214 of the license, but as I really like the work you guys/gals do
I'd rather make sure you guys were ok with it too.

--
James Dennis
Harvard Law School