2 poss improvements to 3.6.1p2/passexpire21

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Jul 1 23:59:01 EST 2003

"Elwell, AD (Andrew)" wrote:
> The new passexpire21 patch works well (ta Darren) but...
>
> 1) is it possible to display the "your password has expired and needs
> changing"
> to the users *before* calling the password change routine?

It used to, last time I tried it on AIX.  What configure options are you
using if any?

There are actually 2 sets of messages: the "expire message" and the "login
message".  The former is supposed to hold "Your password will expire/has
expired" messages, the latter "Last login was.." type messages.  The
expire messages are supposed to be displayed before the change (see
session.c:764).

> 2) when a password is *due* to expire soon (ie within the pwdwarntime range)
>
> the message could do with a carriage return...

That one should be easy.  ISTR that AIX's expiry messages had their own
newlines, maybe that varies with the version?  What version of AIX are we
talking about?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.