XTerm & OpenSSH question w/ freezing.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Jul 10 23:34:02 EST 2003

war wrote:
> > Let me guess, you have firewalling/packet filter/NAT and the client and
> > server are on different subnets?  It's most likely an MTU problem,  see
> > [1].
>
> Usually yes, but this also occurs on a 100mbps switched lan with no packet
> filtering in place.

Well, you're going to have to give us more info.

Server/client OS/version?   Network topology?  802.1q?  OpenSSH at both
ends?

Try running "netstat -n" at both ends when the connection has hung and
check the SendQ and RecvQ columns for the ssh connection.

(xfree removed from cc: list)

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.