ssh-askpass keyboard grab problems

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 05:42:40 EST 2003

Circa 2003-07-21 21:20:19 -0400 dixit John A. Sullivan III:

: [...] We did notice that we could set SSH_ASKPASS and launch
: gnome-ssh-askpass or ssh-askpass (or I suppose anything else).
:
: We tried this and were quite pleased with the result in that it
: allows us to get on with the rest of the code and not worry about
: this for now.  However, every time we launch the application and it
: requests the ssh password via either ssh-askpass or
: gnome-ssh-askpass or x11-ssh-askpass, we receive errors about "could
: not grab keyboard" and hints that there might be malice afoot.
:
: What is causing this error and how to we go about eliminating it?

Does your application (or some other running application) grab the
keyboard---for example, by using XGrabKeyboard()?  What version of
x11-ssh-askpass are you using?  Could you send the exact text of the
error message(s) to the mailing list, please?

--
jim knoble  |  jmknoble at pobox.com  |  http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/
(GnuPG fingerprint: 31C4:8AAC:F24E:A70C:4000::BBF4:289F:EAA8:1381:1491)