ssh-askpass keyboard grab problems

John A. Sullivan III john.sullivan at nexusmgmt.com
Wed Jul 23 12:15:04 EST 2003

Latin e-mail . . . interesting :-)
I changed SSH_ASKPASS to x11-ssh-askpass.  I could not use a simple X
session as when I call the application from the command line, it prompts
for the password on the command line rather than calling SSH_ASKPASS.  I
launched it from the KDE desktop running only my application.  The
password prompt appears but it is immediately covered by an empty dialog
box.  If I move the empty dialog box and login quickly, all i fine
(except that if I take the intuitive step of pressing <ENTER> to enter
my password rather than click on OK, it tells me that I used the wrong
password - or at least it appears to).
If I do not move quickly enough, I receive the following errors on
stderr:

x11-ssh-askpass[1981]: Trying to grab keyboard ...
x11-ssh-askpass[1981]: Could not grab keyboard (someone else already has
it)
Permission denied, please try again.
x11-ssh-askpass[1982]: Trying to grab keyboard ...
x11-ssh-askpass[1982]: Could not grab keyboard (someone else already has
it)
Permission denied, please try again.

Pardon my ignorance of rpm but I wasn't quite sure how to find the
version.  The nearest I could come was checking the change log through
rpm and that reflects version 1.2.4.1.  Thanks - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer
john.sullivan at nexusmgmt.com
---
If you are interested in helping to develop a GPL enterprise class
VPN/Firewall/Security device management console, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net