SSH2 GSSAPI/KerberosV.

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Jul 30 04:44:36 EST 2003

Damien Miller wrote:

> This has been discussed a couple of times on this list, so check the
> archives for details. The patches are being worked on, but progress is
> slow because of the lack of assistance (despite all the talk from people
> asking for the patches to be merged).

I am willing to help, but the process appears to be a closed process
within the OpenSSH developers, as inferred from your note of
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:20:11 +1000:

> Please note that posting wordy position papers, "me too" messages and
> other "contributions" from non-developers will not make this happen any
> faster.

The above note and the lack of a public response to the MIT note
of Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:58:56 -0700 has lead me and maybe others to believe
that we should back off any attempt to help, as you imply that it was being
handled in house.

I should point out that our site  is running 3.6.1p1 with Simon's patches
on 3 versions of Solaris, 2 versions of HP, SGI, AIX and Linux,
and using a PC client with the GSSAPI. (They all delegate credentials
to be used with AFS too.)

So if there is something to try, please let us know.