how-to configure openssh

Stephen Samuel samuel at bcgreen.com
Tue Jun 3 07:00:24 EST 2003

That depends on what you need help configuring.

Have you tried:
	man sshd
	man sshd_config
Note that, by default, ssh is blocked by the default firewall rules.
You'll need to make sure it's enabled.

If your only work with the firewall was whenconfiring it at install time,
then you can redo the settings with the gui.  Under KDE, the menu item
appears to be:

start -> System Settings -> secuity level.

CAUTION: If your firewall settings have been customized (other than by
the RdHat menus) then doing this may break your old settings. Before you
go through with this, you may want to make a copy of your current settings
in /etc/sysconfig/iptables

mkdir /etc/sysconfig/RCS
ci -l /etc/sysconfig/iptables

does it nicely using RCS -- (I'd encourage anybody not using something
better to get at least a base understanding of RCS. it does a very nice
job of saving and comparing changes in various config files).

Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuel at bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/
Powerful committed communication, reaching through fear, uncertainty and
doubt to touch the jewel within each person and bring it to life.