errors when running multiple openssh sessions

jcduell at lbl.gov jcduell at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 17 10:10:14 EST 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:29:16PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 21:21, jcduell at lbl.gov wrote:
> > Why on earth would I want to run a dozen ssh jobs simultaneously?  I'm
> > writing a compiler that needs to ship some files and run some commands
> > on a remote server as part of the compilation process.  The latency for
> > doing this is rather high, so I want to allow users to do a 'make -j' to
> > parallelize the build, in order to hide the network latency.
>
> You might consider using fsh (http://www.lysator.liu.se/fsh/) to
> accelerate this process somewhat.
>
> Of course, you need to consider whether that's secure enough for your
> purposes, but I suspect the answer in this case is 'yes'.

Thanks for the link.  I'm sure fsh is secure enough--the problem is I'd
need to have users install it.  I'm already getting too many emails from
people who can't wrap their brain around ssh-agent to try to tell them
to install new software.

Cheers,

--
Jason Duell             Future Technologies Group
<jcduell at lbl.gov>       Computational Research Division