New regression test: dynamic forwarding

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Thu Jun 26 20:40:57 EST 2003

>on openbsd netcat could be used, it supports both socks 4 and 5.

Given that we already have a good portion of the necessary code to
support simple SOCKS already, _and_ that a built-in client would then be
able to interface with our already built-in server, why _not_ support an
ultra-simple socks4/socks5 client mode?

I mean, we already have the struct declaration, and it's only a few
bytes in front of the TCP session...surely for such a simple case it's
better to integrate than ask the user to route their SSH session through
a probably insecure proxycommand?

If nothing else, it'd help regression testing.

--Dan