Call for testing for 3.6

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Mar 7 13:00:42 EST 2003

We are heading into a lock here.  So we need to get people to test their
respective platforms if they wish them to be supported out of the tar file.

So if you have any patches you need to ensure your platform works speak
up.  We are looking at a lock on the 17th.

I believe I have an AIX/Cray patch and a Tru64 patch sitting in my mailbox
that I'll be looking at soon and more than likely commiting.  I have no
clue what else is in my 400+ worth of email.=)

I know NeXT platform is broken.  Again, I make a call out to people left
in the NeXT community.  If you want it working before 3.6 submit your
patches ASAP.  If I hear no word I'll suggest it be phased out after this
release.

I'd like to see more tinderbox setups (Darren, I'll be talking to you in
private, but I have a Sol9 box I'd like to add to the list soon).  It
would help to know where we stand for broken platforms.

For those new to this process asking themselves, "Where do I find these
test version?"

http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#mirrors

Pick your closest FTP site and go to 'snapshot/'

Or for CVS people:

export CVSROOT=openssh at anoncvs.be.openbsd.org:/cvs
export CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
cvs get openssh