gui wrapper for ssh -X

Jeremy Wilkins jeb at jeremywilkins.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 01:12:54 EST 2003

Hi,

I've been attempting to write a gui wrapper to launch

ssh -X user at machine application

I'm trying to launch ssh and connect to it with pipes so that my front
end can enter the password if required (either from a cache or by
popping up a dialogue box).

I've been having problems with pipes though reading from ssh's stdout,
for when it asks for the password. Before I go further down this path,
does ssh uses pipes in the standard way, or is this method impossible.

Does anyone have a suggestion of another way to go about this, currently
  I'm trying to use the g_spawn_async_with_pipes call from glib2.0

thanks

jeb