gui wrapper for ssh -X

rasjidw at mindrot.org rasjidw at mindrot.org
Sat Mar 8 23:58:04 EST 2003

----------  Original Message  ----------

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:12:54 +0000
From: Jeremy Wilkins <jeb at jeremywilkins.freeserve.co.uk>
To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
Subject: gui wrapper for ssh -X

Hi,

I've been attempting to write a gui wrapper to launch

ssh -X user at machine application

I'm trying to launch ssh and connect to it with pipes so that my front
end can enter the password if required (either from a cache or by
popping up a dialogue box).

I've been having problems with pipes though reading from ssh's stdout,
for when it asks for the password. Before I go further down this path,
does ssh uses pipes in the standard way, or is this method impossible.

Does anyone have a suggestion of another way to go about this, currently
  I'm trying to use the g_spawn_async_with_pipes call from glib2.0

thanks

jeb

If you are happy to use Python, you could take a look at Pyssh
(http://pyssh.sourceforge.net).  You can then create a gui with any gui
toolkit supported by Python.

Cheers,

Rasjid.