Force reading with SSH_ASKPASS?

Phil openssh at mobiustech.net
Sun Mar 16 09:40:39 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm looking at integrating sftp into a larger project. It would be nice if
there was a way to force read_passphrase() (in readpass.c) to use SSH_ASKPASS
regardless of the properties of the terminal.

This would be easy enough to do, an environment variable or a new flag
definition would achieve this (I'm using an environment variable for
convenience at the moment). Would anyone be interested in receiving a patch
for this? If so, which apporach would you prefer?

Thanks,
 -phil