Bad packet length issue

dm cool_dm at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 03:57:17 EST 2003

Hello,
    I am porting the Openssh3.4 code to a proprietary
operating system. I am running into the issue of ssh
client disconnecting with a message -

Disconnecting: Bad packet length 2782384553.

This happens only when there is a large (~100k) output
of some command executed on the remote system. If the
output is not large then it doesn't happen. I tried
with different encryption algorithm but got the same
result. It might be something I have done during the
port but I just wanted to find out, what causes ssh
client to put such a message.
I am executing the following command for the ssh
client -
ssh -2 -v -v -v -l admin 10.9.40.168
The last few lines before ssh client print this
message are as follows (note the extra characters
printed right before the error message and after the
string "false" in the output. why are these getting
printed?) -

- <rowItem enabled="true" num="2">
  <colItem col="0" value="3" />
  <colItem col="1" name="Any" type="String" />
  <colItem col="2" name="URL3" negate="falsea5d7 d1a9
1940 8416 300b e204 4fbf 5cd7

Disconnecting: Bad packet length 2782384553.
debug3: channel_close_fds: channel 0: r 4 w 5 e 6
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x40a890(0x0)
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x4138d0(0x0)
debug1: channel_free: channel 0: client-session,
nchannels 1
debug3: channel_free: status: The following
connections are open:\015
  #0 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/5116 fd -1/-1)\015

debug3: channel_close_fds: channel 0: r -1 w -1 e -1
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x41b2a0(0x0)

I searched the mailing list and found different people
bitten by the same problem for various reasons.

Any help will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
   -dm