loginrec.c license

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Fri May 2 22:58:50 EST 2003

Matt Johnston wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to figure out, is loginrec.c (and loginrec.h) licensed under the
> 4-point BSD license or one without the advertising clause? I'm developing a
> small ssh2 server (Dropbear), and curently everything is under MIT/X
> license. I'd prefer not to have to add any advertising clauses, and
> reinventing the wheel also seems kind of pointless.
>
> Looking at the cvs logs, I can't see any commits via Markus Friedl, so is it
> simply misplaced boilerplate text at the top of loginrec.c? LICENSE (item 7)
> seems to also imply that it should be under a 2-point BSD license.

It looks like cut'n'paste text as the license clause refers to Markus,
but most of the code there was written by Andre Lucas (whom I have Cc'd).

Andre, we have removed the advertising clause from all of the code that
we have written in OpenSSH and, with your permission, I'd like to remove
it from loginrec.c.

Thanks,
Damien Miller