TCP_NODELAY always set, now?

Henry E. Thorpe thorpe at wnmail.att.com
Sat May 10 03:53:21 EST 2003

I know that there was a discussion on this about a year back, and
there is a bug 556 this week that mentions TCP_NODELAY.

However, when I use ssh through a pipe (e.g., to tunnel through an
HTTP proxy using CONNECT) I see:

getsockopt TCP_NODELAY: Socket operation on non-socket

How do I tell which end is generating this (I'm assuming the local
side, which is running through the pipe).

Also, does anyone care, or is this the expected behavior?

Connection looks like this:

  ssh -> pipe using ProxyCommand -> proxy -> sshd

Client is OpenSSH_3.6.1p1 on FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p6, server is
OpenSSH_3.6 on OpenBSD/i386 3.3.

--
Henry E. Thorpe