OpenSSH, GSSAPI and the Grid Security Infrastructure - GSI

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue May 20 00:43:12 EST 2003

Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2003, Booker Bense wrote:
>
> > - The GSSAPI patches do a lot more than that and you know it. If
>
> Bingo..you hit the nail on the head.  Can we say it a bit louder so
> the people in the back row can here you? =)

There is another community of users, who want to use OpenSSH  with the GSSAPI,
but not with Kerberos. This is the grid computing community. A component of the
Globus Toolkit, GSI is a GSSAPI implementation using X509 certificates, and
it supports delegation. See http://www.globus.org and
http://www-fp.globus.org/security/overview.html

You might also be interested in the Globus Grid Forum, a user's group for the Grid.
See http://www.ggf.org/

So including the GSSAPI modifications would address the needs of both the
Grid community, and the Kerberos community.

So please consider the adoption of Simon's modifications.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439
 (630) 252-5444