ssh-agent asking for passphrase on non-keyed connections

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Mon May 26 03:08:47 EST 2003

> do you have ssh -vvv output?

I've put two outputs on my website so I don't clutter the list:

http://www.devrandom.org/~jason/agent-success.txt
http://www.devrandom.org/~jason/agent-failure.txt

The first log is my successful session from my workstation to a server
using my username 'jason'.  The server has my key in
~/.ssh/authorized_keys.  The second log is my ssh-ing to the same
machine to root that has no ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

From looking at the logs it looks as if SSH is going through ~/.ssh and
trying anything it finds in id* while not acknowledging that
~/.ssh/id_dsa is already stored in the agent.

--
Jason McCormick
jason at devrandom.org
GPG Key: http://www.devrandom.org/gpgkey.php
GPG Fingerprint: 66C5 2B15 3E34 2B5E 5321 6147 303A DCE6 0A74 A19C