None BSD Socket System and OpenSSH

Łukasz Walkiewicz lucastm at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Nov 2 07:52:31 EST 2003

Hello!

I'm currently under considering moving OpenSSH to very orient
Distributed Operating System called Amoeba. The system is non-unix but
with some POSIX layer implementation. It runs using different protocol
(FLIP) then TCP/IP and to communicate with other internet based hosts it
uses TCP/IP server. This is quite challenging task. I have moved OpenSSL
already, but only non-socket part of it.
What I would like to know is if, OpenSSH uses some descriptor based
functions from OpenSSL (Amoeba only supports file descriptors and no
socket descriptors)?

Greets,

Lucas