Problem found in OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 with OpenSSL 0.9.7c installation on HP-UX11.0

Nick Chi nickhychi at yahoo.com.hk
Mon Nov 3 17:29:20 EST 2003

Hi all,

I found that OpenSSL 3.7.1p2 has problem with PAM
(HP-UX) system (with setting of account deacticating
by 3 invalid login attempts).

User enters wrong password more than twice through
SSH, his/her account will not be deactivated.

User enters wrong password more than twice through
FTP, his/her account will be deactivated . However,
only further FTP session is blocked. SSH session can
be established even the account is deactivated.

Besides, I deactivate an account through SAM, both new
FTP and SSH sessions will be blocked.

I check that there is no such problem in OpenSSH
3.4p1.

Any comments / suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Regards,