Partial authentication

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at acs.rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 8 09:07:36 EST 2003

Hello,

I would like to bring up the topic of possibly including partial
authentication functionality into OpneSSH again - it was discussed a few
weeks ago. I believe that implementing auth vectors was suggested as a way
to achieve this.
The reasoning behind the need for partial auth is that there are cases when
multiple methods of authentication are required for the user to be
successfully authenticated (password and SecureID for example).
I just want to find out if there are any active plans for building this, or
if there is a decision not to include partial auth in OpenSSH.

  Thank you,

  -Dmitry.