Problem with 3.7.1p2 on Reliant Unix

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Nov 13 18:48:46 EST 2003

Stephan Hendl wrote:
> recently I upgraded to v 3.7.1p2 on Reliant Unix (former SINIX). With
> sser root everything works fine, but with a "normal" user the session
> terminates.. I put the logfile of the "sshd -dddd" at the end. What is
> wrong?

There were several changes after 3.7.1p2 relating to Reliant Unix.  Please
try a snapshot:
http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#mirrors

Alternatively, add these to config.h and rebuild (just "make", don't run
configure again).

#define SETEUID_BREAKS_SETUID 1
#define AC_DEFINE(BROKEN_SETREUID 1
#define BROKEN_SETREGID 1