password aging

Douglas K. Fischer fischerdk at purefm.net
Fri Nov 14 04:48:22 EST 2003

3.7.1p2 with PrivSep and PAM. Users no longer receive notice in the 7 days
prior to password expiration, and once their password expires, they are
unable to login. As soon as they enter their password the SSH connection is
terminated with the following in /var/log/secure:

Oct 28 14:50:47 dumbledore sshd[1677]: fatal: Password expired (unable to
change with privsep)

I haven't bothered to investigate this further yet, not high enough in my
priority queue.

FWIW,

Doug