failure to attempt protocol v1 connection with v1 key

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Fri Nov 14 05:36:36 EST 2003

If I do

ssh -i /home/darxus/.ssh/somekey user at host

Where somekey is an rsa1 key, and host is only running ssh protocol 1, it
fails to connect with "Permission denied (publickey).".

1) I think the specified v1 key should encourage ssh to try v1.
2) I think, if v2 fails, it should try v1.

This works when I add the "-1" argument.

--
"I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance."
--George Balanchine