password aging

Ryan Robertson r3r2 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 08:00:38 EST 2003

Actually, I stand corrected:  I was accidentally
running the older version of sshd instead of the one i
was compiling.  I did verify that both patch 24&25 do
respect password aging.
To clarify I was trying to login as a user that i knew
had a password which was more than one week old.  In
theory AIX is supposed to lock you out if maxage=1,
but it (sshd 3.5) didnt.  Now if you have maxage=2,
one week prior to your password expiring, it will
remind you.

Thanks again,
Ryan