Testing of recent commits

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Nov 21 08:41:19 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:29:47PM +0100, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:42:41AM -0800, Darren Cole wrote:
> > >HP-UX 10.20 is shipped with Bind4.
> >
> > I am not quite sure what version of Bind our systems have, or even if
> > bind is installed at all on fielded systems.  Cygwin's solutions sounds
> > like it was to include minires.  Installing a newer bind (or whatever)
> > really isn't the most desirable option here.  I would rather see
> > openssh continue to compile without the need for updated bind,
> > additional minires, or some other extra piece of code.
>
> At 10.20 the resolver routines are a part of libc. It does not matter whether
> you have a named installed or not. named itself is Bind 4:
>   http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/operating/internet/dns.html

Following up to myself: this might mean that HP-UX 11.00 might be affected
by similar problems. I don't know what version the resolver library is
based on; I only have 10.20 around...

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/