Problem running SSH on IBM PPC440 processor, help appreciated

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Nov 27 12:26:45 EST 2003

"Chahine, Nagib N" wrote:

> To David and all who helped thanks....
> What I had to do is the following:
> Install openSSl 0.9.7c and OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 on both my x86 redhat 9
> system and my PPC target. Once installed everything works fine.

> I beleive my problem was openSSL mismatch between the client and server.

I'm happy that it's now working for you.  Barring bugs, a mismatch between
OpenSSL library versions should make no difference (otherwise we would se
*way* more interop problems), so I think it's more like likely that there
was some kind of problem with one of the installations of OpenSSL.

Since OpenSSL is compiled with very high optimization, it tends to push
the envelope of compilers harder than most software.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.