OpenSSH 3.7 testing (Re: 3.6p1 bug on SCO OpenServer)

Wendy Palm wendyp at cray.com
Tue Sep 9 07:40:50 EST 2003

i'm getting a fatal compiler error in do_upload() in sftp-client.c -

CC-167 cc: WARNING File = sftp-client.c, Line = 1046
   Argument of type "u_int64_t *" is incompatible with parameter of type "off_t *"
           .

                 start_progress_meter(local_path, sb.st_size, &offset);

due to offset being defined as u_int64_t rather than off_t.

off_t on the machines i checked is signed, and other calls to start_progress_meter in
other functions seem to be correct.

% diff -c sftp-client.c.orig sftp-client.c
*** sftp-client.c.orig  Mon Sep  8 16:22:30 2003
--- sftp-client.c       Mon Sep  8 16:34:06 2003
***************
*** 974,980 ****
   {
         int local_fd, status;
         u_int handle_len, id, type;
!       u_int64_t offset;
         char *handle, *data;
         Buffer msg;
         struct stat sb;
--- 974,980 ----
   {
         int local_fd, status;
         u_int handle_len, id, type;
!       off_t offset;
         char *handle, *data;
         Buffer msg;
         struct stat sb;
***************
*** 984,990 ****
         struct outstanding_ack {
                 u_int id;
                 u_int len;
!               u_int64_t offset;
                 TAILQ_ENTRY(outstanding_ack) tq;
         };
         TAILQ_HEAD(ackhead, outstanding_ack) acks;
--- 984,990 ----
         struct outstanding_ack {
                 u_int id;
                 u_int len;
!               off_t offset;

--
wendy palm
Cray Open Software Development, Cray Inc.