3.6p1 bug on SCO OpenServer

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Sep 9 12:39:19 EST 2003

Roger Cornelius wrote:
> Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au) wrote:
> >"configure" is a machine-generated file, you should edit configure.ac and
> >run "autoreconf" to rebuild it.
> >
> >Are you talking about "*-*-sco3.2v4*" or "*-*-sco3.2v5*" or both?
> >
> >Tim, any issue with doing this?
>
> I know that configure is auto-generated somehow but am unfamiliar with
> the process.  The patch I supplied was just an example - I was hoping
> the powers that be would do whatever is necessary to incorporate it into
> the build process.

That wasn't intended as a criticism, just for future reference (for
yourself and others).  It's simply a matter of editting configure.ac then
running "autoconf" or "autoreconf", although that does require GNU
autoconf and possibly GNU m4.

That particular change is easy to figure out once you know which version
it applies to, which is why I asked.  More involved patches against
configure can be difficult to convert into the required changes to
configure.ac (and we may get it wrong, particularly if it's on a platform
we can't test).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.