OpenSSH 3.7 testing (Re: 3.6p1 bug on SCO OpenServer)

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Mon Sep 15 14:39:46 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Darren Tucker wrote:

> Tim Rice wrote:
> > There are other problems building outside the source tree. Like "(cd
> > regress && $(MAKE) clean)" doesn't work because there is no Makefile.
> >
> > I'd like to see Makefile get generated from Makefile.in at configure time.
>
> I noticed that too.  What do you think of the attached patch?  It's ugly
> but it works.

+
+regressclean:
+       if [ -e regress/Makefile ]; then \
             ^^
-e is not portable.
+               (cd regress && $(MAKE) clean) \
+       fi

Your patch could work (after fixing the -e) but I still think
generating Makefile at configure time is the way to go.
It would fix the "OBJ ?= `pwd`" problem too.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net