Problem building OpenSSH on Cobalt Raq2i running standard Linux

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 18 21:36:32 EST 2003

Craig Dewick wrote:
> I'm trying to build OpenSSH on my Cobalt Raq2i box which is running the
> standard Linux installation with all patches installed.
[snip]
> monitor_fdpass.c: In function `mm_send_fd':
> monitor_fdpass.c:57: `SCM_RIGHTS' undeclared (first use this function)
> monitor_fdpass.c:57: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> monitor_fdpass.c:57: for each function it appears in.) make: ***
> [monitor_fdpass.o] Error 1

Your headers (and possibly kernel?) appear to be missing the parts
required to do descriptor passing, but have enough to fool configure's
tests.

What are HAVE_SENDMSG, HAVE_ACCRIGHTS_IN_MSGHDR and HAVE_CONTROL_IN_MSGHDR
set to in config.h?

If you comment out "#define HAVE_SENDMSG" from config.h, you should be
able to compile OK (however you'll have to run without
PrivilegeSeparation).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.