sshd 3.7p1 dies on MacOSX

Mario Diana mariox19 at mac.com
Wed Sep 24 06:42:14 EST 2003

Sorry to bust in on the list, but I have been trying to get OpenSSH to
work for several days on OS X, rather than wait for the update (which
is now released). I suffered a lot of frustration, tried many fixes on
my own, searched Google, and only today managed to find the thread on
this list.

Though Apple's update has got me a patched SSH package, I would like to
solve the problem in the source distribution I compiled and installed
(in an alternate location).

I know this is a developers list, but if someone would be kind enough
to help me, I would appreciate it. I realize the patch has to do with
the configure.ac file, but I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Where in
the file would I insert this patch?Is the patch to be inserted all in
one place, or are the lines broken up and inserted in various places in
the file?

I really have never done this much "tweaking" to get something to work,
but I'm eager to learn something more about UNIX.

Cordially,

Mario Diana

P.S.

I may need you to "spell it out" a little more than you are used to
doing among one another, though maybe all that means is you would have
to tell me where to cut and paste. Thank you.