IRIX 5.3 permanently_set_uid problem

Peter Wood peter at irba.co.nz
Wed Sep 24 14:47:22 EST 2003

Hello,

I have tried running OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 on an Indy running IRIX 5.3.  It
compiled and installed without any problems.

However, I get the fatal error, which originates from uidswap.c in
function permanently_set_uid():

    fatal: permanently_set_uid: was able to restore old [e]uid

This happens even if  "UsePrivilegeSeparation no" is used in sshd_config.

It seems to be a problem with IRIX 5.3 rather than OpenSSH.  I have
searched for possible patches for IRIX 5.3, but haven't found anything
likely yet.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Peter