GSSAPI Re: OpenSSH 3.8.1p1: call for testing

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 14 12:40:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Darren Tucker wrote:

>Hello All.
>	Portable OpenSSH version 3.8.1p1 nearing release.  This is primarily a
>bug fix release and we're asking for interested parties to try a
>snapshot [1].  A reminder: we rely on community feedback to find out
>about problems, particularly as there are many platforms any
>configurations that we don't have access to and can't test.
>
>	In most cases, running the built-in tests is as simple as "./configure
>&& make tests", but actually using it will provide a better test for
>your environment.  Both would be ideal, but either one is far better
>than neither.
>
>	In particular, on HP-UX configure will now attempt to detect a working
>getnameinfo(), so if you are using IPv6 on HP-UX please see if it
>detects correctly for your environment.
>
>	Thanks,

Thanks guys.  I will try some RPMS soon.

I have a quick question for GSSAPI implementation (which is more aimed
at Simon and other people and not the core :)). What is the functional
difference between the current GSSAPI implementation and the one that
was with 3.6p2 with Simons patch?

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --