Improvment

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sun Aug 1 03:17:28 EST 2004

Few initial comments

1. No one will bother to even look at your patch unless you follow how the
current code is format.

2. Nor will anyone want to dig through a single patch to see how one of
the 3 or 4 features you wrote was implemented.  ONE patch.. ONE feature.

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Teka wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I love openssh but some features are missing in sftp.
> So i have implemented some control features on sftp, like
> "stay in home" features and bandwidth  limit (upload / download).

"stay in home"  AKA chroot.  If you implement it any other way it is too
easy to miss something or get confused by the odd path the user tytped in.

I personally don't see why bandwidth limiting should be at an application
level.  It should be higher.  But that is just me.

>  To limit the user on sftp only, i have started a new shell with config file
> to apply new settings available in sftp-server :-).

one can already limit to sftp only.  It is via SSH keys.  There are a few
shells like rssh that also can do this limiting.

- Ben