Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Aug 14 01:32:49 EST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Andrew Mortensen wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
> > Hi All.
> > 	OpenSSH is getting ready for a release soon, so we are asking for all
> > interested parties to test a snapshot.
>
> All passed on Mac OS X 10.3.5, with the exception of agent-getpeereid
> (not supported), agent-ptrace (failed when SUDO is set). I did have the
> multiplex.sh (transfer) hang on me during my first run of make tests,
> but it went through without a hitch on the next pass.

The getpeereid is to be expected.  I had sent a bug report, since they
have manpages, but no API.  The next release should have the API exposed
I'm told.

As for agent-ptrace, I looked at it for a week before having to give up at
the time for real work.  I couldn't get a valid test case that acted the
same (AIX, OS/X, Linux and OpenBSD).

It's almost as if the 'chmod g+s' is being ignored and the OS is letting
gdb attach to it.

As a result, I'd been a bit leary on sending to Apple.  I may just file
one of the failure and leave it at that for the time being (hate doing
that.  I perfer only submitting solid debug information.  Mainly when it
is not their in-tree version also).

- Ben