Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Sun Aug 15 14:34:03 EST 2004

> 	OpenSSH is getting ready for a release soon, so we are asking for
> all interested parties to test a snapshot.

Regression testing still does not completely successfully on Gentoo
(current ~x86 build):

run test dynamic-forward.sh ...
Waiting for forwarded connections to terminate...
The following connections are open:
  #1 direct-tcpip: listening port 4243 for localhost port 4242, connect
from 127.0.0.1 port 33749 (t4 r2 i0/0 o3/0 fd 10/10 cfd -1)
FATAL: Unable to connect to relay host, errno=111
cmp: EOF on /home/jason/code/openssh/regress/ls.copy
corrupted copy of /bin/ls
FATAL: Unable to connect to relay host, errno=111
cmp: EOF on /home/jason/code/openssh/regress/ls.copy
corrupted copy of /bin/ls
FATAL: Unable to connect to relay host, errno=111
cmp: EOF on /home/jason/code/openssh/regress/ls.copy
corrupted copy of /bin/ls
FATAL: Unable to connect to relay host, errno=111
cmp: EOF on /home/jason/code/openssh/regress/ls.copy
corrupted copy of /bin/ls
failed dynamic forwarding
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jason/code/openssh/regress'
make: *** [tests] Error 2

  I traded some e-mails with Darren about this for 3.8 but we never came
up with a solution other than it seemed to have something to do with
connect.  Normaly everyday usage doesn't seem to be affected.  Anyone
else out there with Gentoo able to complete 'make tests' to rule out my
box being crazy?

--
Jason McCormick
jason at devrandom.org