BUG - ssh issue and variation - Plus implementation problem for linux

Mark D. Baushke mdb at juniper.net
Sat Aug 21 11:15:27 EST 2004

In a standard URL syntax, @ may be replaced by %40, I suppose that might
be an extension worth considering for sftp and/or scp... That is, you
would use this command:

  scp xxx.xxx%40xxx.com at ftp.xxxx.net:~/test.txt .

However, it may be easier for now to consider using $HOME/.ssh/config
to help you in this case:

Host ftp.xxxx.net
    User xxx.xxx at xxx.com

and the command would then be

    scp ftp.xxxx.net:~/test.txt .

which is typically much easier to type as well.

	Good luck,
	-- Mark