openssh-unix-dev Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9

Michael selvesteen selvesteen at hotpop.com
Sat Aug 21 19:47:20 EST 2004

Hello,

We tested OpenSSH 3.9 in Hp-UX platforms for Passwordauthentication
under PAM modules. We started the SSH Daemon with following settings:

Usepam yes
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
passwordauthentication yes

The client is invoked with ssh -o'Passwordauthentication yes' localhost
-vvv. The debug traces shows that the authentication suceed as
keyboard-interactive.

However the expected output should be "password" . Is it so?

Debug traces:
sshd:
debug2: load_server_config: filename /opt/ssh/etc/sshd_config
debug2: load_server_config: done config len = 331
debug2: parse_server_config: config /opt/ssh/etc/sshd_config len 331
ssh:
debug2: input_userauth_info_req
debug2: input_userauth_info_req: num_prompts 0
debug3: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 10 padlen 6 extra_pad 64)
debug1: Authentication succeeded (keyboard-interactive).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug3: ssh_session2_open: channel_new: 0

--
Michael