sshd 3.9p1 under Reliant Unix 5.45: getpeername: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 16:15:43 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:50:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim Rice wrote:

>> The following is special to sshd 3.9p1 under ReliantUnix 5.45. It
does
>> not occur under ReliantUnix 5.43 nor under Solaris 5.8:
>[snip]
>> Anyone here having a pointer where to start the chase?

>Send us the output of configure starting with
> 	OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:

Here we go:

OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /opt/bin
                   System binaries: /opt/bin
               Configuration files: /etc/ssh
                   Askpass program: /opt/bin/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /usr/share/man/manX
                          PID file: /etc/ssh
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty
            sshd default user PATH:
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/bin
   (If PATH is set in /etc/default/login it will be used instead. If
   used, ensure the path to scp is present, otherwise scp will not
work.)
                    Manpage format: man
                       PAM support: no
                 KerberosV support: no
                 Smartcard support: no
                     S/KEY support: no
              TCP Wrappers support: no
              MD5 password support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: yes
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: no
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: OpenSSL internal ONLY

              Host: mips-sni-sysv4
          Compiler: cc
    Compiler flags: -O
Preprocessor flags: -I/opt/lib/ssl/include
      Linker flags: -L/opt/lib/ssl/lib -s
         Libraries:   -lcrypto -lz -lsocket -lnsl -ldl  -lgen -lresolv

SVR4 style packages are supported with "make package"

WARNING: the operating system that you are using does not
appear to support either the getpeereid() API nor the
SO_PEERCRED getsockopt() option. These facilities are used to
enforce security checks to prevent unauthorised connections to
ssh-agent. Their absence increases the risk that a malicious
user can connect to your agent.

Regards,
        Robert