Trying regression tests

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Aug 29 20:39:58 EST 2004

Chris Adams wrote:
[...]
>>- agent-ptrace fails; it looks like setgid isn't enough to kill tracing
>>  under Tru64, and I can't find anything that looks like it will (like
>>  Linux's prctl).
>
> Is there any standard that documents when a process will be traceable?
> I don't see anything in SUSv3.  IOW: should this be considered an OS bug
> or just an unavailable feature?

I don't think the behaviour is mandated anywhere, so I'd call in an
unavailable feature.

> I see this test is already skipped for
> a couple of OSes, so I guess (at least for now) the suggested patch
> would be:

Applied, thanks.

>>- reconfigure hangs; the script appears to get stuck in a loop.  I tried
>>  turning on shell tracing; it looks like it is hanging when the script
>>  is called with "$TEST_SHELL -n $SCRIPT" to check it for errors.  Using
>>  TEST_SHELL=/bin/ksh makes it work.
>
> Another way to fix this (without explicitly changing the shell)

This I haven't applied.  Does putting TEST_SHELL=ksh into the configure
block (similar to the *-*-sco3.2v4* entry) resolve the problem?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.