patch to fix non-echo tty on scp SIGINT

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Dec 8 19:18:54 EST 2004

Adam Wiggins wrote:
> All makes perfect sense, but the patch doesn't seem to change the
> behavior on my system (Linux, kernel 2.6, KDE 3.3 terminal).  Just for
> kicks I tried it on other terminals (xterm, gnome-terminal) on the same
> system - all give the same result.

I'm not able to reproduce that behaviour with the patch applied: I
tested PuTTY, xterm and gnome-terminal (Linux 2.4.x) and PuTTY and xterm
(Linux 2.6.x) and they all correctly restored the terminal echo mode.

Could you please re-test with, say, xterm, and if it still exhibits the
problem, run the scp under strace -f and post the last 50 or so lines?

(Incidentally, on Linux, strace isn't ideal for debugging this kind of
parent-child interaction since strace will change the behaviour of the
processes slightly.  Don't ask how long it took to figure that out... )

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.