.ssh/: Is a directory

Zeffie zeffielist at ecio.net
Thu Jan 1 15:00:52 EST 2004

I'm depending on scp to create the .ssh directory (which is does) but it
can't use the directory it just created in the current session thus the
"error" message.  I would like to run the command just once if possible :)
Is it possible I could get a patch if this is changed?

[root /root]# ls -la
total 84
drwxr-x---    9 root     root         4096 Dec 17 19:18 .
drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 May 15  2002 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root        23828 Dec 29 07:50 .bash_history
[root /root]# scp www.zeffie.com:/root/.ssh/a* .ssh/
The authenticity of host 'www.zeffie.com (207.blablabla)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is
19blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'www.zeffie.com,207.blablabla' (RSA) to the list
of known hosts.
root at www.zeffie.com's password:
.ssh/: Is a directory
[root /root]# scp www.zeffie.com:/root/.ssh/a* .ssh/
root at www.zeffie.com's password:
authorized_keys2
100% 1061     0.0KB/s   00:00
[root /root]# rpm -qa | grep ssh
openssh-3.7.1p2-1
openssh-clients-3.7.1p2-1
openssh-server-3.7.1p2-1
[root /root]#
kernel-2.4.19C10_V-1 (it's a cobalt raq550)

Zeffie
Cobalt RaQ System Administration, Maintenance and Repairs.
http://www.zeffie.com/how_to_contact_zeffie.html 734.454.9117
http://www.zeffie.com/ Home of the Worlds Largest Collection of RaQ rpms
Advanced Cobalt Security, Firewall, Snort, AntiSpam, AntiVirus, etc. GUI's