Mac OS X Keychain Patch

Will M. Farr farr at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 5 11:49:27 EST 2004

Hey all,

Here's the patch to let SSH store passwords in the Mac OS X Keychain.
I don't know whether you guys want to include it or not with the
distribution; some people have said that since Keychain is not an open
source product, it's not proper to put it in, while others think it's
OK.  I'll leave it up to you; it's served its purpose to me.

The patch is against the 3.7p1 release because that's the code I was
using.  If it's doesn't incorporate well into whatever you are working
on now, let me know, and I'll try to get something from your CVS
repositories and diff against that.  (I don't think, however, that the
readpassphrase portion of the code is changing much these days.)

There is one major test which I have been unable to perform: I haven't
checked to see what happens if you don't have access to a GUI for the
"unlock keychain prompt" which OS X throws up (i.e. you are logging in
to an OS X server, and ssh-ing from there).  If someone could try that
and tell me what the patch does, I'd be really grateful.  Thanks!

Will