(no subject)

Steven Michaud smichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 7 04:57:04 EST 2004

I haven't (yet) tried your patch, but here's some information you may
find useful:

There exists a "krbafs" library, which is in effect a port of KTH
Kerberos's libkafs to MIT Kerberos V
(http://web.mit.edu/openafs/krbafs/).  But KTH-krb is (of course) a
clone of Kerberos 4, so libkrbafs requires Kerberos 4 credentials.
(I've only built krbafs on OS X, and its "home page" is directed
towards users of OS X.  But krbafs should in principle work on other
platforms, and several different RPM versions of it are available --
e.g. http://www.redhat.com/swr/i386/krbafs-1.0-3.i386.html)

Eventually someone may port Heimdal's libkafs to MIT Kerberos V.  But
until that happens I'd just wrap your new code inside #ifdef HEIMDAL
blocks.